The altar mosaics were designed by William Wardell and made in Venice. The floor mosaics in all the chapels except the Ladye Chapel and the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, came from the workshop of Maw and Co Ltd., (Benthall works, Jackfield Salop, Shropshire).

The catalogue containing these designs was recently discovered in the Catholic Diocesan Historical archives.
Maw and Co won awards for their exhibits at the Great Exhibition in Melbourne in 1880 and 1888, in Adelaide in 1887 and Sydney in 1880.

The designs for the mosaic floors of the Lady Chapel, the Blessed Sacrament Chapel and the Sanctuary were chosen by Wardell. No documentation is available to confirm the workshop from which they came.